Jewels of Alaska with Glacier Discovery Cruise, Verandah Cabin, Small Group With Alaska Cruise Verandah Cabin 2022
Tour Type: Regional
Brochure Type: Grand European Americas Premium 2022
Explore the wild and wonderful Alaskan wilderness during this two-week guided tour. Begin your adventure in Anchorage with a sweet treat: Taste agutak - Inuit Ice Cream - after an exclusive demonstration by Alaska's Indigenous people at the Alaska Native Heritage Center. Board a jet boat for a tour along the Chulitna River to a trapper's cabin, where you will learn about the lifestyle of hunting and trapping in the state. Ride along the world-famous, glass-domed Alaskan Railroad toward Denali National Park, where the country's tallest peak, Mount McKinley, will greet you. Meet the champion dog team of a four-time Iditarod winner and allow him to regale you with tales of the 1,049-mile dogsled race over lunch at his home. From Whittier, take a 100-mile boat tour of Prince William Sound and the see the glaciers of College Fjord.Choice Highlights
- : Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxurious, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom. Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards. Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
- : Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19. All Travel Directors, Well-Being Directors and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
- : Our Well-Being Directors take a proactive approach to your welfare ensuring all well-being regulations are met (available on tours with 21 or more guests).
- : Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
- : We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
- : Welcome Dinner in Anchorage - Dine-Around evening in Denali - Celebration Dinner in Girdwood.
- Anchorage: Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner.
- Denali National Park: For tonight's dinner with wine, the choice is yours between a charming local brewery or your lodge's rustic restaurant during your Dine-Around evening.
- Girdwood: In the evening, join your Travel Director for a wonderful Celebration Dinner, complete with wine and good cheer.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfast (B), 7 Dinner (D), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW), and 8 Lunch (L)
Make Travel Matter
- Anchorage: Get acquainted with Alaska's largest city on an immersive city tour. Discover how this urban landscape enriched with culture came to be as you explore the historic downtown.
- Denali National Park: Meet a local climber at a private reception and hear first-hand about their experience climbing the tallest land-based mountain in the world.
- Denali National Park: Meet four-time Iditarod winner, Martin Buser and learn about the challenges of competing in the 1,049-mile (1,688 kilometre) dogsled race while enjoying lunch at his home.
Top Rated Highlights
- Anchorage: Visit the renowned Alaska Native Heritage Center, enjoy an exclusive presentation on Agutak (Eskimo ice cream) while learning how it's made by Alaska's first people.
Additional Included Highlights
- : Travel through the fertile Matanuska Valley and stop at a local farm to see how the long summer days and glacial silt create the perfect environment for growing vegetables and flowers.
- Talkeetna: Enjoy a jet Boat Tour up the Chulitna River and visit a Trappers Cabin. Learn about the fascinating lifestyle of hunting and trapping in Interior Alaska.
- Alaska Railroad: Enjoy a Relaxed Start this morning before boarding the world-famous Alaska Railroad train for a spectacular journey over swift-rushing streams, toward Denali National Park and Preserve. View the majestic surroundings from the comfort of your glass-domed railcar.
- Whittier (AK): Travel to Whittier to board the 26 Glacier Cruise for a 100-mile (160 kilometre) boat tour of Prince William Sound and into the College Fjord, where you'll get an up-close and personal look at the impressive glaciers.
- Whittier (AK): Travel to Whittier to board the 26 Glacier Cruise for a 100-mile boat tour of Prince William Sound and into the College Fjord where you will come up close and personal to the glaciers. Visit with the Captain in the wheelhouse and enjoy an included lunch.
- From time to time, your Travel Director will delight you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
|Offer valid through 3/31/2022|
|Day 1||Anchorage||Anchorage, the City of Lights and Flowers: Welcome to Alaska, an adventurous land of wildlife, mountains, national parks and glaciers. Upon arrival at Anchorage International Airport, you'll be transferred to your hotel.Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner.|
Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa.
|Day 2||Anchorage||Anchorage Sightseeing and the Matanuska Valley: Get acquainted with Anchorage with on an immersive city tour. During a visit to the renowned Alaska Native Heritage Center, join a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience as you enjoy an exclusive presentation on Agutak (Eskimo ice cream) while learning how it's made by Alaska's first people. Learn how this culinary treat establishes a link to the past, inspires a sense of pride and spurs a dialogue on a culture's remarkable ability to survive. This afternoon, travel through the fertile Matanuska Valley and stop at a local farm to see how the long summer days and glacial silt create the perfect environment for growing vegetables and flowers. Depart Anchorage for the quaint community of Talkeetna, nestled at the base of Mount Denali, North America's tallest peak. The evening is yours at leisure, feel free to ask your Travel Director for suggestions on the best spots to grab a bite.|
Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge.
|Day 3||Talkeetna||Talkeetna Sightseeing: This morning, enjoy an immersive jet boat tour up the Chulitna River and make a visit to a trapper's cabin. Learn about the fascinating lifestyle of hunting and trapping in Interior Alaska.The rest of the day is yours to explore, perhaps discovering more of Talkeetna or joining an optional experience such as a flightseeing tour of the Alaska Range, or a dryland dog sledding ride.|
Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge.
|Day 4||Journey Along the Alaskan Railroad||Journey Along the Alaskan Railroad Relaxed Start: Board the world-famous Alaska Railroad train after a morning at leisure and embark on a spectacular journey over swift-rushing streams, toward Denali National Park and Preserve.Later, meet a local climber who will share stories about what it's like to brave a climb up the tallest land-based mountain in the world.For tonight's dinner with wine, the choice is yours between a charming local brewery or your lodge's rustic restaurant during your Dine-Around evening.|
Grande Denali Lodge, Denali National Park.
|Day 5||Denali National Park, the Crown Jewel of the Alaskan Wilderness||Denali National Park, the Crown Jewel of the Alaskan Wilderness Relaxed Start: With the Denali National Park and Preserve just a short drive away from your hotel, you'll find a number of ways to enjoy the Alaskan wilderness on your own, or spend the day partaking in one of our optional experiences. From an exciting rafting trip down the Nenana River (waiver required) to a helicopter flightseeing tour or a Denali Wilderness walking tour, the choice is yours - just don't forget your camera! End the day back at your lodge where you'll enjoy panoramic views of your surroundings at night.|
Grande Denali Lodge, Denali National Park.
|Day 6||Girdwood and Mount Alyeska||Girdwood and Mount Alyeska: Depart Denali and enjoy a scenic journey on the George Parks Highway.Stop in Big Lake and meet four-time Iditarod winner, Martin Buser and learn about the challenges of competing in the 1,049-mile (1,688 kilometre) dogsled race while enjoying lunch at his home.Journey on the Seward Highway along Turnagain Arm with its dramatic views, before arriving in the town of Girdwood, home of the Alyeska Resort.In the evening, join your Travel Director for a wonderful Celebration Dinner, complete with wine and good cheer.|
The Hotel Alyeska, Girdwood.
|Day 7||Prince William Sound Cruise and on to join your Glacier Discovery Cruise||Prince William Sound Cruise and on to join your Glacier Discovery Cruise Relaxed Start: Take this morning to enjoy the surroundings and amenities at the beautiful Alyeska resort. Travel to Whittier to board the 26 Glacier Cruise for a 100-mile boat tour of Prince William Sound and into the College Fjord where you will come up close and personal to the glaciers. Visit with the Captain in the wheelhouse and enjoy an included lunch. Continue your journey on the Glacier Discovery Cruise from Whittier, you will be transferred to the ship pier to board the MS Nieuw Amsterdam or MS Noordam where you'll enjoy dinner and set sail in the evening. While on board, the cruise line will provide you with options and activities for the day, so whether you want to stay on the ship or explore more on land, the choice is yours. You'll also have a wide range of meal options to choose from throughout your journey. Information about these will be given by the cruise line once on board.|
|Day 8||A Day at Sea||A Day at Sea: Enjoy the facilities on board the ship during this day at sea. You will find plenty of options for entertainment, dining or shopping or simply sit back and relax.|
|Day 9||Glacier Bay National Park||Glacier Bay National Park: Today you'll catch Glacier Bay National Park's immense glaciers, towering peaks and icy rivers while getting a glimpse at what Alaska was like before the first humans arrived.|
|Day 10||Haines||Haines: Haines, home to autumn's famous Alaska Bald Eagle Festival lies alongside the longest fjord in America. Visit galleries offering traditional Tlingit art in the quaint downtown.|
|Day 11||Juneau||Juneau: Stroll Juneau's picturesque streets, stopping in eclectic shops and saloons from the Gold Rush era. Perhaps embark on an optional trip on the Mount Roberts Tramway for exhilarating views of the harbour and nearby mountains.|
|Day 12||Ketchikan||Ketchikan: Check out the world's largest collection of standing totem poles, intricately carved with native designs. Perhaps take an optional guided tour through town or a floatplane flightseeing trip.|
|Day 13||Float Through the Inside Passage||Float Through the Inside Passage: Revel in the scenery as you slowly glide past a maze of bays, glacier-carved fjords and waterways protected from the open sea by rugged, isolated islands.|
|Day 14||Vancouver||Depart Vancouver: Sail into the iconic Vancouver Harbour early this morning. After disembarking, take your transfer to Vancouver International Airport or to the Westin Bayshore, Vancouver if you wish to extend your stay and explore more of this diverse city. Airport arrival will be at approximately 10:30.|
|Twin prices are per person.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class